Introduction In this competitive world if you are not prepared enough you are ought to fall back and lose yourself in this rat-race. This eventually leads to mental frustration and the breaking of self-confidence. Many people fall into depression as everyone is made differently and everyone is not able to cope up like everyone. Many […]
Welcome to the Selye International - Institute for Advanced Studies
- Concept: A new, virtual institute for high quality interaction & opportunities for cooperation, study & teach at different levels in the field of biomedical & social sciences related to the work of Dr. Hans Selye, the “father of biologic stress”.
- Goals: To provide a stimulating intellectual & physical environment:
- Background: Prof. Dr. Hans Selye (1907, Vienna – 1982, Montreal) – after whom the institution is named – was the “father of biologic stress” & discoverer of anti-inflammatory action of steroids, often called the “Einstein of medical research” who nurtured his international background. Prof. Selye spoke 10 languages, established & maintained a highly respected international research institution (Institute of Experimental Medicine & Surgery) at the University of Montreal. His institute flourished in part due to the famous “Claude Bernard Visiting Professorship” program which brought internationally known scientists, many of them Nobel laureates & candidates, to enhance, enrich & stimulate the postgraduate education of his master & PhD students who came from all over the world. This form of “advanced studies” education was introduced first at the Institute of Advanced Studies at Princeton University, where Albert Einstein was a professor followed by Ivy League (e.g., Stanford & Harvard) & other universities. These institutes proved to be very effective in high quality & hands on educational activities with intensive interactions & close cooperation between students & world known scientist.
- Initiators: Drs. Árpád Somogyi (Berlin/Brussels/Budapest), Sándor Szabó (Hungary/Boston/Irvine, CA), Yvette Taché (France/Los Angeles) & Benedek Varga (Budapest). (Profs. Somogyi, Szabo & Tache obtained their PhD degrees at the institute of Dr. Hans Selye in Montreal, Que., Canada).
- Governance: Managed by a president & vice-presidents, guided by a governing board, composed of internationally recognized scientists & educators.
- Offices: The Institute maintains an office in Budapest, Hungary & Newport Beach, CA, USA.
- Languages: English (primary), German, French, Hungarian, Croatian & Slovakian
a) For the interaction among internationally known scientists & graduate/postgraduate students & other professionals interested in science & education, predominantly from EU countries & with an outreach to all over the world;
b) To stimulate creativity & originality what we believe can be developed & enhanced in any individual;
c) To emphasize the need & value of generating “new knowledge” & the importance of research in basic sciences, resulting in clinical, commercial & industrial applications, using “translational medicine” & biosocial cooperation as a paradigm;
d) Organize regional, but international summer & winter schools on a variety of scientifically important topics, esp., on the understanding & correct interpretation of biosocial stress;
e) Emphasize the interdisciplinary nature of stress, & other topics of medical research spanning from the biochemical basis to social sciences & humanities.
For more information-contact Dr. Sandor Szabo at: email@example.com or Dr. Arpad Somogyi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expand your Brain Waves with the Best Nootropics: Alpha Brain, Brain Pill, or Adderall
Introduction We live in a world where we hardly get the time to breathe. A good night’s sleep is far harder to achieve. Ergo, have you ever imagined, how, so much stress your brain has to undergo each and every day? If it is put in mathematically, you will be presented with a number that […]
Prevagen, Ginkgo Biloba or Mind Lab Pro: The Deed to your Aging Brain.
Are you getting fuzzy about facts and figures and are terrible at names? These signs could indicate your low mental ability. To counteract cognitive decline, you need ultra-powerful nootropics like Mind Lab Pro or Prevagen or what one generally looks up online is for a ‘smart drug’ containing Ginkgo Biloba. You can always do your […]
Athletic Greens Vs Amazing Grass Vs OrganiGreens: Be Ready for the Hustle
Green Drinks are following the trend globally at the present day. These kinds of drinks offer multiple health benefits which include better digestion, stable weight loss, reduced inflammation, boosted energy, etc. Celebrities, influencers, bloggers, sportsperson, everyone is promoting and consuming green drinks and so here is a short guide for you to pick the best […]